Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Locally Grown Weddings Wins BEST OF THE BAY!

My birthday was last week and I received an extra awesome present as Locally Grown Weddings won Best of the Bay!  As some of you already know, I co founded the group in 2010 as a way to get together amazing women owned businesses that are passionate about weddings and the environment. Our current members are One Big Fish Green Events, Chef Stephanie, Gilliflower Design, Cherish, Angela LaFlamme and Aurora Meneghello Productions. Being part of this group is an amazing experience: we are a collective and participate actively in all decisions. We support and challenge, teach and learn from each other and have lots of fun!


Locally Grown Weddings entered the event design category in the Bay Bella Publishing Best of the Bay 2010 Competition. This category was the most encompassing and we created a table for an October wedding. You can read more about our team effort here and you can see pictures of the table here.


After winning Best of San Francisco, we participated in the final round and were awarded Best of the Bay. I am so proud of this award: we won because we followed our mission statement, stayed true to our values and made it about the client and not ourselves. It is important for me to work towards something I truly believe in. Locally Grown Weddings helps me do just that and I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment