Aurora Meneghello Productions is committed to making a difference by implementing the following Green Practices:
· We use a green certified photo lab and all our fine art prints are printed locally on the best and “greenest” paper available.
· We only offer wedding albums from companies that are committed to the environment.
· All proofs are delivered online and images are only printed by request.
· We buy used equipment when possible (that is still in great shape!) and rent equipment that is not used on a consistent basis. We take extra good care of the equipment we own and either donate it or recycle it when no longer needed.
· We shoot mostly using natural light and use rechargeable batteries if we need to use flash.
· When possible, we use public transportation and carpool.
· We recycle and compost.
Being Green is not just about the environment, it’s about people and our community.
· We shop locally whenever possible.
· We support living wages and the rights of workers to be treated fairly and with respect in the workplace.
· We stand against discrimination, including, but not limited to, discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation and nationality.
· We do not offer unpaid internships. People deserve to be paid for their work.
Last year, I co founded Locally Grown Weddings, a group of wedding vendors dedicated to green weddings. The image above is from a great event hosted by Cherish, check it out here. Cookies by Pei-Yee Woo, of Dulcinea Bakery, our new member!